30 week update

Well it seems like I have new things happen in this pregnancy weekly or daily.... Lately I have been feeling itchy, I think I mentioned it in another post. Well it hasn't gone away... so I called my Dr. yesterday and she told me to go to the OAC (assessment room on Maternity floor) today, so I was there about 9:30am, they hooked me up to the monitors and took some blood work. Turns out I do have ICP Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy which is "Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy is caused by an impairment of bile secretion in the liver. As the bile backs up in the liver, the level of bile acids increase in the bloodstream. These bile acids are deposited in the skin causing the intense itching." The scary thing is that it can harm the babies, and COULD cause fetal death....
I had this with Sawyer, although I was 38 1/2 weeks so they fixed the problem by inducing me. They don't have that option yet as I am only 30 1/2 weeks. I have been given a prescription which can help with my symptoms however it does not help with the effect on the babies. This being said is kinda scary although I am not going to worry and stress over it, as it is not going to help. My Dr has scheduled weekly ultrasounds to make sure the babies are still doing well. I had one today and the babies are just shy of 4 pounds each!! CRAZY they are huge, ha... and everything is perfect, they scored 8 out of 8 each.
Anyways I am home after a long day there and just praying these babies can stay in my belly, and healthy for at least another 5 weeks! Thanks for the prayers....

0 comments:

Post a Comment