The day that changes everything...

Yesterday morning I started having some cramps, like menstrual cramps. Nothing major but I thought I should ask my Dr. if it was something to worry about. They went away once I came home and slept. Later that evening my Dr's office called and said I should be checked out. I said I would wait until tomorrow as I was feeling better. Well this morning the same thing, cramping starts again.... So I went to the hospital up to maternity floor (once over 20 weeks you can just go up and be checked), I was lucky that my OBGYN was there that day and she was able to examine me. I am not dilated and stayed on the monitors for almost 4 hours. I have been having some braxton hicks contractions but that is normal for this far in my pregnancy.
My Dr. said no more work at all, I am supposed to go home and rest.... Also not to lift, when I (regrettably) asked what that meant, she said nothing over 10 pounds - so no lifting Sawyer!

On my way out, I am thinking about how much I lift him.... How will I pick him up from the sitters? Can't lift him into the car seat, how will I lift him to his high chair, or change table, or give him a bath.... This is going to be difficult for me, I like to do things myself.

So we will have to do some thinking and playing this weekend to see what will work for us, stools and climbing etc... So that is my update, 29 weeks this weekend so we are all hoping to get to 36 weeks, feels like so far away :( I will post some pics tomorrow hopefully.

0 comments:

Post a Comment